Stefan took the boys on a Father and Son's Camp out this weekend and so Madelyn and I were home alone and had so much fun!
Maddy found out the boys were going on a camp out about 2 weeks ago so for 2 weeks I have been hearing nothing but her plans of what we were going to do together. She wanted to go to the movies, go shopping at the mall, get her fingernails and toenails done, and sleep together. She was so excited. So I picked her up after school and headed for the movies. We watched The Chronicles of Narnia. Then we went to the new outdoor mall and just walked around a bit. We grabbed a bite to eat and sat down outside in the courtyard. As I saw all types of teenagers some younger and some older I could not help but wonder what she would be like in 4 years. Who would she be. I was so thankful to have such a great talk with her and I treasured every moment with her. We went home and had a spa night. We stayed up late and I painted her finger nails and toe nails, then we did facials. We put on firming masks and laughed at each other so hard I almost peed my pants (which is not too hard for me to do)! She kept telling me that I looked like an alien and with the mask making my skin so tight it almost fell off, I felt like an alien! We had a wonderful time!
(I did not have the heart to tell her I missed my boys, but oh my heart was hurting and torn. I did not know what to do with myself not hearing the constant noise of a ball whizzing over my head, or the grunts and groans of wrestling while we watched a movie. The silence made me appreciate the noise. As soon as I get the pics of the Father and Son's I will post them. They had a great time too. They have the best Dad ever!)
I am so thankful that I have this wonderful daughter who is only 7 going on 16 :) I will remember this weekend forever.
Please be warned that these pictures are kind of scary :)
1 comment:
Hey Dobbe Family! I really should be packing but I took a break and saw your CUTE posts! So fun and very funny! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment