United States Citizen

A United States Citizen at last! On July 18, 2008, Stefan was sworn in to be a citizen of this beloved country. As most of you know, Stefan was born in the Netherlands. He immigrated to the US when he was 2 years old. Stefan always wanted to apply for citizenship but for some reason it was always put on the back burner. Knowing that it is a long process he applied last June. After numerous interviews and gathering of many documents, studying for the dreaded test he finally received his letter to be sworn in. He took the oath with 496 people from 59 different countries. It was such a humbling experience. There were many people that by becoming a citizen meant a whole new world for them and their families. For Stef one of his biggest goals was to be able to vote come November. I am thankful that Stefan is now a citizen of this great country and the opportunities that it gives to us.
This video was of the actual oath that he took.
Naturalization Oath
I hereby declare on oath:
That I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure
all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince,
potentate, state or sovereignty of whom or which I
have heretofore been a subject or citizen;
That I will support and defend the constitution and
laws of the United States of America against all
enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States
when required by the law:
that I will preform noncombatant service in the
armed forces of the United States when required by
the law:
that I will preform work of national importance
under civilian direction when required by the law:
and that I take this obligation freely without any mental
reservation or purpose of evasion
SO HELP ME GOD.

No comments: