RV Trip!

If anyone knows me they know I am not very fond of camping. But, I was desperate to get out of the valley heat and go to the cooler climate. Stefan and I had always wanted to go on an RV trip and the opportunity just arose so we took it. This RV was not the cream of the crop but I looked at it that we could not ruin anything in this baby! We packed and headed to Mormon Lake just out of Flagstaff for the 4th of July weekend. We left the valley at 2:30 p.m. and got stuck behind an accident for 2 hours during which the AC in this beast went out, or at least we thought it did. The fuse for the high setting on the vent went out. We just laughed and made jokes or we would have turned back and missed one of the best trips I have ever had. We got into Flagstaff at 8:30p.m. it took 6 hours...I am still not sure why it took us so long.

Stef is a great driver and we had so much fun laughing while the kids were on the back bed watching a movie. This was the life!
The kids had so much fun playing in the dirt and making up the cutest games to play.
We had a massive hail storm so the camp fire ban was lifted for the night of the 4th of July. We had a great campfire making smores right before the fireworks show.
The fireworks erupted right before our eyes! We went fishing, watched a rodeo right next to the camp ground, ate at a neat barbecue house, took hikes in the woods and looked at the buffalo. We had some very nice but interesting neighbors camping next to us. I won't go into it but we had quite an adventure dumping the sewer. We had no agenda and no obligations. We truly enjoyed each other. We learned patience with each other and we used our imaginations. I will never forget this camping trip.

1 comment:

Aim said...

Jodi, I love this post! What a fun trip. I am soooo glad you got to go!