How Does Your Garden Grow?

Sam was so funny tying to put on the gardening gloves (he calls them "glubs") he did not want any help until udder frustration set in.A true sense of accomplishment and team work.
Our precious little sprouts...and the lettuce that grew on it's own.
Our pumpkin patch...I think we are going to be moving it.
I am bummed I don't have a picture of Stefan but he was the real man behind the garden. He does all the hard stuff. He is great!

I tried to grow a garden last summer...all I can say was it did not do very well. I think the smoldering heat just killed anything that might have lived, oh and I may have forgot to water regularly :-) The funny thing is that the Strawberry's never died and have now produced lots of strawberry's for us to eat and all of the sudden we have 4 heads of lettuce coming up that we planted last summer. I guess they just waited for the spring :)



I was determined to have a garden and make it grow. Growing things is in my children's blood and I wanted them to have a piece of their heritage. My Mom has a great garden every year and well, Stefan's dad grows millions of tulips every year so I think they were born with "growing" in their bones.



We had a great time finding the things to grow at Lowe's. We bought seeds as well as starter plants. We bought more seeds than our garden could fit. We have strawberries, tomatoes, artichokes, lettuce, cucumbers, zucchini, cantaloupes, watermelons, 2 differnt types of grapes (green & red) and of course pumpkins!



The best part was getting dirty and sweaty but most of all just doing it together!

1 comment:

Aim said...

Oh Jodi, I just love what you said about gardening being in your bones. You guys are such a great family and your blog is beautiful!!!