Oliver's Birth...

I wanted to take a moment to remember this blessed day. I went into labor about 1:30 p.m. on Sunday August 30th. I thought the contractions would go away so I tried not to pay attention to them but when they got so bad that I could not tell when one contraction ended and another started I knew it was time to go to the hospital.
My sweet husband packed our bags (we were not scheduled to have Oliver until Sept. 14th) he remained calm and my rock. I called my dear friend Amie to see if she could take my kids. I really thought that I would be coming back home...I though it was just false labor that would stop at any moment. Amie left a party she was attending to come and watch my kids. She was my angel at that moment. Her wonderful family welcomed my kids and made them feel like royalty and they were so excited to have a "sleepover". I will forever be grateful to Amie for coming to my rescue and for allowing me to welcome Oliver and not worry about my other kids.
About 20 min. from arriving to the hospital my water broke on the exam table. There was no turning back. Ollie was coming today! They called the doctor and he came in an hour and at 8:18 p.m. we welcomed our little Oliver into this world. My adoring husband was so amazing I could not do anything without his calming words of encouragement and love. Let's face it, knowing that your going into surgery in a matter of minutes is really a scary thought so to have Stef by my side is such a blessing.
The doctors told us that Oliver could be born with lung problems due to only being 36 weeks so they had the neonatal team ready to assist him if he had any complications. The most wonderful sound came when he entered the world...crying. He had no complications we are BLESSED and we have such full hearts!
My sweet man in his scrubs waiting to go into the operating room with me.
Little Oliver after coming into the world.
Meeting Oliver on the operating table. He was so beautiful and so SMALL! I fell in love with him the minute I heard him cry!!

No comments: