First Day of School...

Yesterday was the first day of school. It was bitter sweet. They were definitely ready to go back to school. They were so excited (Zach) and nervous-excited (Maddy). They both got really blessed with good teachers and I hope it will be a really great year for them. As I got them ready for school it dawned on me how much they have grown and how the years have gone so fast. All of the sudden it felt as if they were doing it on their own and did not really need me.
One of my favorite traditions we have getting ready for school is Stefan giving the kids Father's Blessings. He gave the best blessing to Maddy, Zach and of course Sam. I love to hear the blessings and see their faces and their excitement to get their blessings. It gives me peace of mind knowing that they will have a great year.
Zach has really blossomed this summer...he is now such a chatter box which I love! Before, I always had to pry into his little mind but all of the sudden a switch turned on and he freely lets me into his world. I am so thankful to be his Mom. He is such a loving little guy. He came home even more of a chatter box and he was so happy with his first day it makes me smile just thinking of him. He was bouncing off the walls literally.
Where does the days go...he is in 1st grade.
Madelyn had a little more apprehension going to school this year, which brakes my heart. She was excited but I could see the worry on her face. She has nothing to worry about but she is my tender girl all of the sudden. She never lacks in the social scene. She came home with new friends and old friends to tell us about. She is a great example which I am always thankful for. She has always shared her world with me and I love it! Madelyn is so much like me when I was younger, I am not sure if it is a curse or a blessing. Because of our similarities it feels as though I am living out my childhood again through her. I had a great time painting her nails and toenails, doing her hair and visiting and giggling with her. I know she will have a great 3rd grade year!
Zachary (6 years old) 1st Grade and Madelyn (8 years old) 3rd Grade. Zach is just as tall as Madster. She may be shorter by next year :)


I am lucky to be their Mom!
Zach, waiting in his line.
Madelyn's cute toes.
The years fly by so fast...I am grateful I will still have 2 little guys to keep me company because this house is so quiet!! Sammy is my buddy this week until he starts preschool next week. I will miss him so much! But, I will only have about 3 weeks until our new little one will keep me company.


No comments: