When Madelyn's sewing teacher told her she could enter her sewing projects in the Maricopa County Fair she was so excited. To date she has made a pillow case, apron, tote bag, burpie cloth and a skirt. Madelyn entered her apron and a darling skirt. A couple weeks ago her teacher asked her if she wanted to model the skirt in the Fashion Show. You should have seen her face light up.
Madelyn received a 4th place ribbon for her apron and 4th place ribbon for her skirt. As we were looking at all of the entries, some did not even place that I thought were adorable and some just had Honorable Mentions. Some of the entrants were in their 50's and some as young as 9. So that being said I think since she has just been sewing since January placing 4th was a great honor.
All the girls were so adorable, I did not know how you could choose a winner. They were all winners just for being there! They were judged on Presentation, Style and Fit. Madelyn did such a great job modeling. I was enjoying the whole experience when I hear "the blue ribbon goes to model #4" I look at Maddy she is #4!!!!!!!! I screamed out so loud that the MC said "that's a proud Mom" and I sure am!!
As we are leaving Madelyn says to me...
"I can't wait to start sewing more things for the next fair".
Madelyn is next to her skirt and her apron is above on the left side.
4th Place Ribbon
4th Place Ribbon.
2 comments:
Great Job Madelyn!! Keep developing those talents!
Ruby came right home from church and told me how neat she thought that was! So neat for Madelyn!
Post a Comment