Father and Son's Camp Out

The boys have been looking forward to the Father's and Son's Camp out for months! They had a great time! They played in the fire, ate smores, fished, launched bottle rockets and had lot's of male bonding. I am so grateful that my sweet husband is such a great father and enjoys these special times with our boys. They are memories that they will carry with them though out their life.

Playing in the fire.
Eating breakfast.
Waiting to launch their bottle rocket.

Fishing with my brother...priceless!
* * *
Meanwhile...Madelyn and I had a great girls night! I really enjoy the time I get to share with her. She loves to plan all the girl things and she really plans every minute. We went to the Hannah Montana movie, shopped at the mall, had dinner and then went home to do facials. We gave the boys the camera so thankfully we did not have a camera to capture our scary green faces. :) We had to go to bed early because we took over Stefan's deliveries the next day. We got up at 4:30 a.m. waiting for the trucking company to tell us when we needed to meet. They said that they were running late so about 6:30 a.m. I set the alarm and dosed back off to sleep when we got another call about 5:00 a.m. saying meet us in 20 minutes. What! So we got our clothes on and started our early morning adventure. Have I said I am NOT a morning person :). Anyway, we met them and started to deliver...2 of the freeways that I needed to take were CLOSED! So we wandered around the city trying to find our way to Scottsdale without a freeway. We got lost and lost again but we laughed and laughed and had to stop for potty breaks. We finished the job which took us about 3 times as long as it does for Stefan to finish. Though out the trip I just kept telling Maddy how GRATEFUL I am that my wonderful husband gets up before dawn and does such a great job for our family. I have never heard him complain or resent the early mornings. I am truly thankful that I had this experience with my daughter!



No comments: