Plumbing Problems

I noticed a foul smell in our office for days...it was driving me nuts not being able to find out the source. I thought it was dog pee pee and I was going to be really mad if I found it but I could never pin point the horrific smell billowing out of our office. On Saturday night I was at my wits end so I went in with a flash light and my sniffer to find the culprit. I took one step into the office closet and felt a squish of wetness on the floor. I looked up to see a big wet spot with water bubble's on the ceiling. Once seeing the water I remembered back to having a clog in the upstairs bathroom days earlier. The toilet had been backing up into the shower with poopy water (yuk!). Anyway it seems that the back up was not just going in the shower it was going down the walls! To make a long story short the plumber was here for 2 days trying to clear the clog which turned out to be a huge clump of grout. I have no idea how we managed to use the toilets for 3 years without this happening sooner. We now have carpet to replace, drywall ripped out of our office closet, downstairs bathroom and our garage. It will be a long process to get it all fixed but I am just glad that the smell is gone!
(The office closet)

No comments: