Maricopa County Fair 2011...

Wow! I have been slacking! I have not had a post since last year's Fair!!! I am going to have to go back and add so many fun and wonderful things we have done.

. . . . .


Well on to this year's Maricopa County Fair. It is a smaller version of the State Fair and it is much easier to see and enjoy everything. It has a down home feel in a big city if you can imagine that!


Madelyn worked so hard on this dress and made it special to enter into the fair so she could wear it in the fashion show. Her sewing teacher (Kelly Hendrickson) and her mom (Mary Ellen Simmons) took extra time to help her complete it. They are really amazing women and a blessing in our lives.

This dress is the most advanced project Maddy has completed and she is rightfully proud of it! It is fully lined. She made the frilly flowers with a "satin stitch" then hand sewed them on the bodice. The pattern did not call for sleeves so she added flutter sleeves first and really did not like them so she tailored them by adding pleats. It has a bubble skirt and ties in the back.

It is adorable on her and fits her personality to a T! She had extra flowers so she made a flower headband and added flowers to her shoes.

She is becoming a really great seamstress and has such a passion for it!

Madelyn won

1st place and "Best in Class"

for her dress entry

The cute brother's waiting so cute for the fashion show to begin.


Here is the complete ensemble from head to toe!

On the Catwalk... Madelyn has such poise and confidence, I am so proud of her! She won second place in the fashion show. I think that is wonderful out of 13 girls modeling. I don't really know how the judges chose. They were all so cute and modeled so well. Again, I am so proud of her! 2nd Place Madelyn with her GREAT Grandparents! We are so grateful they can come and support us! Sometimes we feel all alone in this big city so it is nice to be joined by our family from time to time. I love that my children can have a relationship with them.


Had to show you her cute shoes with her flowers and of course some bling! The toes are pretty cute too!!

Madelyn also entered her robe with a hood and won:

1st Place
Here is her dog pillow which won an:

"Honorable Mention"




Here is the video of Madelyn modeling her dress.




And the winner is....


I am grateful for these little moments. I can't believe Madelyn has been sewing for a year now. She is becoming so mature and so full of knowledge. I want her to stay little but I do have to say I enjoy the talks with her and her sweet friendship. I always say "I am her biggest fan" but I think I am the luckiest because she is "my biggest fan". The time goes bye so fast, I am just trying to enjoy and hold on to every moment.


Much Love!

2 comments:

Mike, Chelsea and Co. said...

Way to go Maddie!! You're doing SEW great in sewing. (wink) Keep up the great work!

The Jumping Jack's - said...

I love the dress!! Very cute! Tell her congratulations for me - I'll be placing an order soon. ;)