Madelyn turned 9. I can't believe how the time flies. Every year I have her I am more amazed at everything she has become. She is a sweet, kind, understanding, compassionate, mature (a little to mature for her age) special girl. I am so very thankful to have her in my life. Madelyn keeps me on the straight and narrow path. She is my best friend in so many ways. My heart is full when I think of her.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY MADELYINCHA!
(I am probably spelling" Madelyincha" wrong but it is a dutch name of affection that I have always called her)
I made her favorite cake, German Chocolate. She does not like regular frosting. A funny story about her...Her birthday was over fall break and before fall break she was sick so I was planning on bringing a treat for her class after the break. You have to bring in store bought treats so I was just going to get cupcakes. I took her with me to the store and said "these look really good" pointing to the cupcakes. Madelyn looks at me straight faced and says " don't you think it would be kind of silly if I have to say to the teacher 'no thanks I don't like cupcakes' for my own treat" I guess it would, so we got brownies. She cracks me up!
Madelyn's class made her this poster and signed it for her birthday. She was home sick and her teacher hand delivered it. It made her day.
Oma got to come for Madelyn's birthday which makes it so much better. She took her shopping and the 3 of us went to get pedicures and Madelyn got a manicure. It was so fun just the 3 of us. Of course, I forgot the camera so I did not get any pictures.
Happy Birthday Madelyn!!
No comments:
Post a Comment